Home » » Donated a Dress to a Princess

Donated a Dress to a Princess

Written By kinhtehoc on Thứ Năm, 23 tháng 2, 2012 | 01:10

Day 47: Donated a Dress to a Princess


Ruffles, feathers, sequence and frilly lace. I am not describing someone's cart as they check out from Joann Fabrics. No, I am describing my daughter's wardrobe. My wife has made it her duty to make my daughter a girly girl and as much of a fashionista as possible. Based on the way my daughter already stares at her clothes (my wife shows her every outfit she buys for her) and gets fussy when I put her in non-matching outfits, I would say that my wife's mission has been a success.

When I first found out that we were having a daughter, many things raced through my mind (including whether to buy a baseball bat or learn Mixed Martial Arts to scare off any potential future boyfriends). Besides warding off any and all males until she was 30, I kept thinking about two things: walking her down the aisle at her wedding and watching her take pictures for school dances. I just kept picturing how beautiful my daughter would look, and how I would do everything in my power to give her the ability to have whatever fancy dresses she ever wanted. I want to be able to make her feel like a princess (or a president/doctor/lawyer).

I think every girl should be afforded the opportunity to feel like a princess, so for today's random act of kindness, I am going to do my part to help that cause. With the help of my wife's closet (don't worry, I have her permission), I am going to be donating a fancy dress to
The Princess Project. The Princess Project works to "promote self confidence and individual beauty" by donating free prom dresses to girls in high school who are not able to afford them. With the help of these dresses, thousands of girls each year are able to enjoy one of the marquee nights in the world of a high schooler. If you have any recent new or gently used dresses that you believe a girl would want to wear to prom, please visit the above link for details on how to send. Now, I must get to work because I just got queasy thinking about how I am going to pay for prom and a wedding.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | phuctriethoc | NGUYỄN VĂN PHÚC
Copyright © 2013. NGUYỄN VĂN PHÚC - All Rights Reserved
By Creating Website Published by KINH TẾ HỌC
Proudly powered by NGUYỄN VĂN PHÚC
NGUYỄN VĂN PHÚC : Website | Liên hệ | phuctriethoc@gmail.com
Proudly powered by Triết học kinh tế
Copyright © 2013. NGUYỄN VĂN PHÚC - All Rights Reserved