Home » » Became A Pen Pal to a Sick Child

Became A Pen Pal to a Sick Child

Written By kinhtehoc on Thứ Năm, 23 tháng 2, 2012 | 01:08

Day 46: Became A Pen Pal to a Sick Child


Last week, my daughter came down with her first cold. It really was nothing more than a cough and a stuffed nose, but seeing her snort like a pug freaked me out. Seeing my daughter sick scared me, but the fact that she kept laughing and smiling at me helped to ease my tension. Sadly, there are children out there who are MUCH sicker than Isla was last week, and my heart breaks when I think about that. My job requires me to be in doctor's offices and hospital buildings, so it isn't a rare sight for me to see children who have very serious diseases, some of which are life threatening. However, one thing that I have noticed more often than not with these children is that they are typically smiling. These kids are so tough that even in the face of terrible diseases, they very rarely lose their positivity and youthful joy. I wanted to do a random act of kindness that can hopefully help to keep that smile on their faces even in the toughest times. One of our blog followers mentioned a website to me called Post Pals. Post Pals allows you the opportunity to become a pen pal with children in the UK suffering from life-threatening diseases. You are able to email, send letters, care packages, etc. So for today's random act, I am sending an email and a handwritten letter to a child to hopefully brighten their day and help sustain their smile. If interested in spreading world wide kindness, visit Post Pals. If you want to do something locally, there are similar groups here in the US such as Love Letters: Random Cards of Kindness and Reachout America that I plan on utilizing very soon as well. There is nothing more uplifting than a child's smile, so let's try to make as many smile as we can!
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | phuctriethoc | NGUYỄN VĂN PHÚC
Copyright © 2013. NGUYỄN VĂN PHÚC - All Rights Reserved
By Creating Website Published by KINH TẾ HỌC
Proudly powered by NGUYỄN VĂN PHÚC
NGUYỄN VĂN PHÚC : Website | Liên hệ | phuctriethoc@gmail.com
Proudly powered by Triết học kinh tế
Copyright © 2013. NGUYỄN VĂN PHÚC - All Rights Reserved