Home » » Bought a T-Shirt

Bought a T-Shirt

Written By kinhtehoc on Thứ Năm, 23 tháng 2, 2012 | 01:07

Day 44: Bought a T-Shirt


I haven't really had any specific themes to any of my random acts, or had a pattern that I have followed. This is due to the fact that I try to be as spur of the moment and random as possible in selecting these acts. However, with today being the start of Random Act of Kindness Week worldwide, I thought I would do something more specific. A goal of this journey is to bring a focus on people or groups that are trying to spread goodness and kindness. So this week, some of my random acts will double as a way for me to bring about awareness of those who are doing selfless work for other people.

I have probably used the phrase "I am dying of thirst" too many times to count. It is obviously an exaggeration, but I have never really thought of what it would be like to actually have that happen. There are over a billion people on this planet that don't have access to clean water. Diseases brought about by dirty water kills more people every year than "all forms of violence combined, including war." While those stats are alarming, even more eye-opening (and promising) is the ease by which we can help change this problem. I recently learned of the mission of Kyle Morrow and his website
ThirstTees.com. Kyle is selling t-shirts on his site, with the proceeds from the purchases going towards providing clean water to those in need. For every shirt purchased, one person will gain access to clean drinking water for 25 YEARS!! So today's random act of kindness was to not just buy a t-shirt, but to also help another human being live a better life by having access to a better water source
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | phuctriethoc | NGUYỄN VĂN PHÚC
Copyright © 2013. NGUYỄN VĂN PHÚC - All Rights Reserved
By Creating Website Published by KINH TẾ HỌC
Proudly powered by NGUYỄN VĂN PHÚC
NGUYỄN VĂN PHÚC : Website | Liên hệ | phuctriethoc@gmail.com
Proudly powered by Triết học kinh tế
Copyright © 2013. NGUYỄN VĂN PHÚC - All Rights Reserved